Vram (running big games on small hardware)

PENKYY666
PENKYY666 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello
I have a nitro 5 8gb ram but it seems only1.25 are alocated to video performance(its all my games can find) can i do something about it ? can i update the ram capacity to something that is only vram asociated

Best Answer

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Can you post your device's specs?

For some reason your device is using the integrated graphics instead of the high performance nvidia graphics. Open nvidia control panel, go to 3d settings and as preferred graphics processor select high performance nvidia.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Can you post your device's specs?

For some reason your device is using the integrated graphics instead of the high performance nvidia graphics. Open nvidia control panel, go to 3d settings and as preferred graphics processor select high performance nvidia.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• PENKYY666
    PENKYY666 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited March 2019
    It worked thank you and yes sorry its a AN515-51-73X5. I7. HD 1000Go. SSD 128Go GeForce gtx1050 running w10, i remember toggling with nvidia graphics menu when i tried running an old game so thats when i disabled it, thanks for the not upgrading tip too