My Acer Aspire 5750G is getting very hot once playing gabmes

StormTrooper1
StormTrooper1 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi, I still have the problem mentioned in thread https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/12555/fan-control-problems-with-5750g-and-similar-machines/p1 
Is there in the mean time a solution for this? If a game is started the PC shuts of after a few minutes / and his extremely hot - whilst fans are not at full speed (which they do when in BIOS screen).

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,850 Trailblazer
    Open Control Panel. Search 'power plan'. Click 'choose power plan' in left pane. Change to balanced if set to performance. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• StormTrooper1
    Thanks JackE! Last night I opened up the laptop completely and saw that the exit of the fan was completely clogged up; so we removed all that dust & then we have also put new thermal grease on the CPU and GPU. Now the laptop is not getting hot anymore: even when playing Fortnite with high CPU/GPU usage. We'll see how it evolves.

Before that we tried SpeedFan, .. but they can't control the fan of this laptop it seems - I guess requied protocol not supported by the fan in this laptop; we also tried the modded BIOS which enables the Advanced settings as to change the fan speed settings - but the laptop didn't react on the changes settings (fan to be at 100% at lower temp already as a test but fan didn't increase speed so seems this bios setting didn't have any effect). If there is still a way to impact the fan behavior/or a recommendation of bios settings etc for this, this would be appreciated. Thanks! Tom
  • JackE
    Sounds like you found the issue. Congrats. No BIOS settings that I know about yet. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• StormTrooper1
    ok. Issue clearly solved. My son played Fortnite whole day and PC barely warmed up a bit. Fan never had to speed up. For the heat conducting I used a  thick layer of nano-grease (said to be better than standard thermal grease).  Taking the PC apart seemed to be tricky, but it was worth it. :-)
  • JackE
    Sounds good. Next time maybe you'll only have to intermittently vacuum the air intakes and blow air through the air exhausts to dislodge and remove the dust bunnies inside.  :)   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ