Very high CPU Temperature after BIOS update(AN515-52-77S9)

magnetoeric
magnetoeric Member Posts: 23 Networker
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have AN515-52-77S9 laptop, undervolted to -160mv on core, -140 on cache. Ever since the last BIOS 1.24 update, the CPU temperature has been increased by atleast 10c. Before this update, the maximum temperature doesn't cross above 85c even after running intensive tests and gaming. I ran two tests: TSBench on ThrottleStop and Unigine Valley and both of them have shown my CPU reaching 95c. I'm attaching screenshots of Throttlestop app after running a TSBench test for more info. Any help will be much appreciated. 

2.PNG 129.7K
1.PNG 141.2K

Answers

• charliegarg
    charliegarg Member Posts: 31 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    I have AN515-52-77S9 laptop, undervolted to -160mv on core, -140 on cache. Ever since the last BIOS 1.24 update, the CPU temperature has been increased by atleast 10c. Before this update, the maximum temperature doesn't cross above 85c even after running intensive tests and gaming. I ran two tests: TSBench on ThrottleStop and Unigine Valley and both of them have shown my CPU reaching 95c. I'm attaching screenshots of Throttlestop app after running a TSBench test for more info. Any help will be much appreciated. 

can you please confirm that keyboard backlight issue has been resolved or not?
  • magnetoeric

can you please confirm that keyboard backlight issue has been resolved or not?
    Nope, unfortunately.
  • magnetoeric
    Could someone please verify whether this is happening with you guys too? I hadn't done anything else before flashing the new update. So I'm pretty sure that was the reason for this odd behaviour :/
  • chromey
    chromey Member Posts: 39 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited March 2019
    Could someone please verify whether this is happening with you guys too? I hadn't done anything else before flashing the new update. So I'm pretty sure that was the reason for this odd behaviour :/
    On my an515-52 (8300h undervolted -280mv core -190mv cache) did cinebench runs on both 1.19 (has working backlight) & the new 1.24.

There wasnt really noticeable difference in temperatures, maybe 1.24 was 1-2c higher(?) Could have also been because i did some consecutive runs before.
    But i noticed that my score dropped from 858-860 to 848-850.

So i just downgraded back to good old'e trusty 1.19

edit: Just to add, mine is repasted also. Max temperature was 76-78c on CB run
  • magnetoeric
    chromey said:
    On my an515-52 (8300h undervolted -280mv core -190mv cache) did cinebench runs on both 1.19 (has working backlight) & the new 1.24.

There wasnt really noticeable difference in temperatures, maybe 1.24 was 1-2c higher(?) Could have also been because i did some consecutive runs before.
    But i noticed that my score dropped from 858-860 to 848-850.

So i just downgraded back to good old'e trusty 1.19

edit: Just to add, mine is repasted also. Max temperature was 76-78c on CB run
    Thanks for replying. That was one hell of an undervolt :astonished: My laptop doesn't handle more than -160mv unfortunately. Maybe that's the maximum limit for 8750h models. I repasted mine with thermal grizzly kyronaut a long time ago. That's why i was shocked to see a sudden rise in temperature. BTW how did you downgrade? AFAIK you couldn't downgrade by flashing old BIOS . I'd like to flash older version too.