Iconia W4-820 + Original Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard Case - how to disable wake-up?

Options
vitasam
vitasam Member Posts: 25 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
Hello,
I have the original Acer Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard Case (used with Iconia W4-820 tablet). There is a magnet sensor in the tablet- every time when keyboard case is open (even slightly) - the tablet is waking up. So it is not that useful when tablet e.g. is in backpack, battery goes empty pretty fast.

How to disable such sensor and prevent tablet to wake up?

Thank you!

Best Answer

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Options
    @vitasam

Try the steps mentioned in this link: https://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/stop-mouse-from-waking-windows-up-from-sleep-mode/

You can skip the options for mouse and work with keyboard steps.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • vitasam
    Options
    Hi @Rudy21

I did all steps from that link but apparently it did not help. The tablet wakes up after opening of the keyboard case.
    There are tens of 'HID-compliant consumer control devices" under Human Interface Device in Device Manager. Is it possible that sensor is somewhere there?
  • Rudy21
    Options
    vitasam said:
    Hi @Rudy21

I did all steps from that link but apparently it did not help. The tablet wakes up after opening of the keyboard case.
    There are tens of 'HID-compliant consumer control devices" under Human Interface Device in Device Manager. Is it possible that sensor is somewhere there?
    Yes it could be somewhere in the list. But have you tried the steps that i mentioned for all these drivers which are listed? If not please try it and check 
  • vitasam
    Options
    Rudy21 said:
    vitasam said:
    Hi @Rudy21

Yes it could be somewhere in the list. But have you tried the steps that i mentioned for all these drivers which are listed? If not please try it and check 
    Yes, I went through all drivers, listed in that article. BIOS part, listed in the article, was skipped since the tablet has very limited BIOS options list.
  • Rudy21
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @vitasam

Follow the instructions in this link.
  • vitasam
    Options
    @Rudy21 , thanks for the link!
    From the event list it is clear visible that it was lid (I've expected it) caused PC to wake up

So, the Acer Keyboard Case with magnet works as lid from Windows 10 point of view.  The next question - how to prevent opening the lid from waking up the PC? /"Power" options has no settings in respect to OPEN the lid, only in respect to CLOSE, Am I correct?
  • vitasam
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Hi, @Rudy21 I was able to fix the problem! I've googled about Registry record, which enabled "Lid open action" in Power Settings.
    So, I set "Lid open" to "Do nothing", and "Lid close" to "Sleep". Now everything seems to work