How to add a new Graphics card ( GeForce 210 -1024MB DDR3) to an Acer TC-885-EB11

SebashtianC
SebashtianC Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
Im trying to add a new Graphics crad ( GeForce 210 -1024MB DDR3) to an Acer TC-885-EB11 in order to connect 2 monitors. When i insert the card and plug in the VGA & DVI cables from the monitors nothing appears on either screens except for a quick "VGA" or "DVI" icon on the top corner.
i would appreciate some help.

Thanks

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,305 Trailblazer
    edited March 2019
    On the bios, go to advanced and video output, select discrete! Also, have you checked if your video card cooler is working?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • SebashtianC
    edited March 2019
    On the bios, go to advanced and video output, select discrete! Also, have you checked if your video card cooler is working?
    thank you, however the video output under advanced is set up as "on-board" and cannot access it to make a change, the only thing i can do is enable
    AES-NI.
    and
    The video card cooler is working, just bought it today. 
  • SebashtianC
  • Have you tried to create a password in changesupervisorpassword to see if this option is unlocked?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • SebashtianC
    egydiocoelho Yeah i just did, no luck. any other recommendations 
  • Although the 3.0 x16 slo pce is backward compatible with the 2.0 card of your video card, there is a possibility that your motherboard will not recognize the 210 geforce!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• SebashtianC
    edited March 2019
    egydiocoelho thank you for your support, first i plugged the monitor into the graphics card, nothing came up on the screen so i waited a bit with the computer on, then turned it off and took out the card. After i plugged in the monitor to the motherboard i checked the updates and had one for the graphics card i was using. after this proccess i added the card again plugged the monitor and it worked perfectly.
  • Great my friend! Continue testing and then put the topic as solved!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer