Acer KG271UA Black Screen with Freesync

Options
2»

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Does your video card have hdmi 2.0? If yes, freesync can also work on this input, as reported in the monitor service guide!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ISerotoninI
    ISerotoninI Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Options
    From other reviews on Reddit I was told Freesync 144hz at QHD doesn't work on this monitor via HDMI. I don't have a HDMI 2.0 cable to test unfortunately. 

Is there a possibility the drivers need to be updated? There are no dedicated KG271UA drivers, only KG271U which is your 75hz variant. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I'm not sure if this will help you, but it would be for you to test!
    1) connect the monitor to an hdmi port and disable the overdrive if the monitor has this function when connecting to the hdmi port. Then plug it back into the dp port and test it!
    2) look at what amd says here: https://community.amd.com/thread/208903
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • RedOneMonster
    RedOneMonster Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Getting intermittent black screens whilst using Freesync on this monitor. Have tried changing PSU, GPU etc but no luck resolving. I have searched across other platforms and the vast majority of owners are experiencing this exact problem with this unit, making freesync unusable. I'm hoping this might help raise awareness to Acer but also enquire with you if anyone has managed to resolve this issue, besides simply switching Freesync off. Thanks. 
    Hey, I also have the same exact issue. I have also tried a ton of stuff, but nothing seems to work. Did you find a fix?
  • kmrankin
    kmrankin Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Getting intermittent black screens whilst using Freesync on this monitor. Have tried changing PSU, GPU etc but no luck resolving. I have searched across other platforms and the vast majority of owners are experiencing this exact problem with this unit, making freesync unusable. I'm hoping this might help raise awareness to Acer but also enquire with you if anyone has managed to resolve this issue, besides simply switching Freesync off. Thanks. 
    Hey, I also have the same exact issue. I have also tried a ton of stuff, but nothing seems to work. Did you find a fix?
    I also have this black screen issue with the same monitor and GPU as the original poster. I've seemingly tried everything, including adjusting monitor settings, buying and testing new cables, installing new and old drivers, screwing around with all kinds of options in Radeon Settings / Wattman, troubleshooting with different monitors, etc. 

Everything points to the monitor itself being the problem, which sucks considering it's such an obscure model that Acer doesn't even have up-to-date dedicated drivers for it. Even though I got it at a heavy discount during Black Friday, I absolutely would have passed on it if I knew it was going to be such a headache. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Vanhyali
    Vanhyali Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I think i've found the solution (not my idea but workjed for me) after months and hours of searching for a fix. In windows, turn off the option for your monitor to turn itself to sleep under your energy settings. So go to your advanced energy settings and set "Turn Off the Display: Never". Spread the word if it works ;)
  • Gullev
    Gullev Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I had them from day one, and I had to disable freesync to get rid of them. Now after around 1 month they are back, over 40 seconds I get have a black screen 4 times.
    It goes black and goes back to normal. The screen itself does not turn off while its black.
    I have tried disabling everything, and lowering the hz. nothing has worked.
    Updating drivers, none avaliable, didnt work. Windows update, didnt work.
    Now I changed the connection on the monitor from DP 1.2 to DP 1.1, and since there has been no black screen (5 minutes so far).
    I just registered to write this in hope others can try it.

But I'm clearly disappointent, that the screen will go black at random at all.
  • ISerotoninI
    ISerotoninI Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi Gullev, 
    I only seem to have this issue with Freesync enabled. I keep it turned off now and it hasn't occurred. Not ideal at all. I have tried various display port cables and HDMI cables but nothing seems to remove the issue completely. 
  • Robbers
    Robbers Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I do not think it is an issue with the Monitor, admittedly I have only had mine for 3 days, but, I have had no issues with mine, it is connected per dp to an RX590 Fatboy. I have my power options set to Ryzen High Performance. Possibly a driver problem, AMD drivers are notoriously bad. Try uninstalling them with DDU (https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html) and then reinstalling them with the latest drivers. 
  • pezcao
    pezcao Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi, some days ago got this monitor, and have the same problem, i have an amd ryzen 5 3400g and i want to use the FreeSync, but that black screen is really annoying. There is a real solution for this? Thanks.
  • nneo
    nneo Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hello, I also got black screen issue with my XV253QX and GTX 1070 connected to displayport when I set refresh rate higher than 60hz even if G-sync has been turned off. It seems my issue solved after upgrade bundled displayport cable to a better displayport 1.4 certified cable, hope this helps.