Acer Switch 7 charging tip size(SW713-51GNP))

Options
Pengsp
Pengsp Member Posts: 22 Networker
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi, can anyone confirm the charging tip size for Acer Switch 7 (SW713-51GNP); 3.0 mm x 1.0 mm or 3.0 mm x 1.1 mm. I need to use with a power bank to last whole day usage.

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,816 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    65W 19V 1.1X3.0X7.7, so 1.1mm internal and 7.7mm long.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options
    65W 19V 1.1X3.0X7.7, so 1.1mm internal and 7.7mm long.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Pengsp
    Options
    Thank you.
  • Shafiq90
    Shafiq90 Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    Options
    U can charge it with powerbank? What type of powerbank that can charge the switch 7? 
  • billsey
    Options
    Any that provide 19V through the right size plug.
  • Shafiq90
    Options
    How about the cable? Is there any cable laptop that can plug to USB? or maybe switch 7 can charge with USB type C?
  • Pengsp
    Options
    I wasted my money with one power bank (BaseUS from AliExpress), checked with the seller and got confirmed that it can charge Acer Switch 7, also bought cable from the same BaseUS official store. Once, arrived, it cannot be charged after the seller (official store) request a few video and photos and confirmed cannot charge. The seller asked me to send back. The cost of sending back will netted off the refund amount to $0 & not so easy to find shipper that can ship lithium battery here. I doubt type C can charge. Now ordered another battery but came without the correct charging head. Until now still have not got a proper charger yet. Sharing my experience with this Switch 7 journey. Video to proof to the seller which still say it can charge but % going down. https://youtu.be/l78v7RQTM1o
  • Shafiq90
    Options
    Thank you for your update. Please let us know when u find suitable one that can charge. I just saw the manual book, seem like it can charge with usb type c. Or i miss understand the sentence?
  • Pengsp
    Options
    Bought power bank (search for: 40000mAh Notebook Power Bank 3.5A 19V DC) & 1.1mm connector (power bank does not come with 1.1mm connector) from AliExpress. The "40,000 mah", quite big, can charge but it stop working after 1 use. Voltage selector stop working & blue light indicator cannot turn off and battery became warm. I Stop using it. The shop & AliExpress does not provide any resolution and did not refund at all. Now I gave up looking for one and try to prolong power with under voltage way.
  • Pengsp
    Options
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/40000mAh-Notebook-Power-Bank-3-5A-19V-DC-2-USB-External-Battery-Charger-for-Laptops-Notebooks/32958443822.html
    This is another one that I bought. It works, 1 time, with 1.1mm tip but quality is bad and now cannot be used already, waste money.
  • Pengsp
    Options
    This is the connector: www.aliexpress.com/item/2pcs-High-quality-All-copper-brand-new-DC-cable-power-jack-female-5-5mm-x-2/32788412513.html
  • Shafiq90
    Options
    Where did u buy 1.1 connector that can plug tu USB port? I tried to charge with usb type c, but it is not working. Atleast yours it show the battery is charging, mine was not showing anything. I tried with powerbank xiaomi mi 3 (2019), but it is not working, not sure if i try to use 1.1 connector.
  • billsey
    Options
    Yeah, Pengsp was only posting the adapter cable used to convert the 5.5mm plug on that power bank to the 3mm plug used on the Switch 7. It doesn't look like it was using the USB-C at all.
  • Pengsp
    Options
    I only posted the adapter for power bank to switch. USB c doesn’t work.
  • Shafiq90
    Options
    Xiaomi mi 3 can charge switch 7, by using usb c to usb c, but need to use 3rd party cable. the cable i use is as per below image. But it a bit hard to plug it to the port and sometimes it disconnect by itself.
    Not sure whether the problem coming from cable or powerbank.

• Pengsp
    Options
    May be you need 5A cable as SW7 uses 3+A current.
  • Pengsp
    Options
    If you manage to try out 5A cable, please help to update here as well. I am still looking for one that work. TIA
  • Shafiq90
    Options
    Ok, anyways the powerbank works. It can charge SW7. But the cable cannot be touch at all, or move. Otherwise it will be disconnect.