Need Help With Microphone Problem on Acer Aspire E 15 / E5-573G-531D / ***********************

B-Templar
B-Templar Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi.

I own the above laptop with Windows 10 but for the life of me cannot get it to recognise a microphone. The jack is on the left-hand edge of the keyboard and has a headphone/mic symbol next to it. It outputs OK and I know that the mic is working as my desktop with Windows 7 works fine with it. I've even plugged in another mic which I know also works just for the same result. I've also spoken with Acer and Microsoft about it but nobody is able to help.

Any suggestions, advice or similar experiences welcome!

Thanks,

Brad

[Post edited to remove inappropriate or personal content -Acer-Harvey]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,848 Trailblazer
    You will need to determine if you now have a PC or OMTP cellphone headset with the plug ring out as shown below. Your  E5 needs the OMTP phone ring out headset. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• B-Templar
    B-Templar Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you for your quick response. I never knew about all these different types of head and it seems crazy that they don't all have their own distinctions so you know which one you have or need. The mic I was using is a Purple Panda which appears to have the wrong head type so i've bought a converter for it. I'll let you know if this fixes the problem.

Many thanks,
    Bradley.