Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52 Compatibility with Windows 8?

SoapLittner
SoapLittner Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi,i wanted to downgrade my preinstalled windows 10 to Windows 8/8.1 because of my very bad experience with Windows 10,my HD has many spikes to 100 % disk usage with no reason,and the problem may be Windows 10.

Is this laptop compatible with a previous version than Windows 10,like Windows 8/8.1?
Are drivers available for this OS?

Thanks!

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good night SoapLittner !

The 100% disk usage error is known and can affect all versions and releases of Windows 8, 8.1, and 10.
    This error is not reported in versions 7 and earlier, nor in Linux distributions.

Acer only formats drivers that are standard and tested in version 10.
    Anyway, nothing prevents you from using other ways to download the drivers, such as getting direct from the developer's sites, using some automation software such as DriverBooster or searching on Google for the hardware ID.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• SoapLittner
    SoapLittner Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited March 2019
    MaClane said:
    Good night SoapLittner !

The 100% disk usage error is known and can affect all versions and releases of Windows 8, 8.1, and 10.
    This error is not reported in versions 7 and earlier, nor in Linux distributions.

Acer only formats drivers that are standard and tested in version 10.
    Anyway, nothing prevents you from using other ways to download the drivers, such as getting direct from the developer's sites, using some automation software such as DriverBooster or searching on Google for the hardware ID.

Thank you for the reply.
    Are drivers for win7 available from the developer's site?
    Will i lose my warranty by downgrading to Windows 7?
    Actually i dont have many money to invest in a more capable SSD,do you suggest me to downgrade my Windows?

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good night !

For Windows 10 only the drivers have been tested and approved.
    I do not know how the warranty system works in your country.
    Here in Brazil, the warranty is divided between hardware and softeare.

If any device has the hidden recovery partition of the Acer factory system removed, the software warranty is lost.

I advise you to confirm this directly with Acer:

Acer US : https//www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    Acer worldwide : http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/
    Chat : https://us.answers.acer.com/app/chat/chat_launch

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!