Is there a possibility I have shortened the battery life-span?

predatorofman
predatorofman Member Posts: 62 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi to all!

I bought my Predator Helios 500 a month and a half ago ,and Battery Bar was showing me only 0.5 % of battery wear,till today when I tried to calibrate the battery,with 3 times of discharging and recharing the battery and now it is showing me 6.1% of battery wear!
Could someone explain to me what had happened?

Thanks to all in advance.  

Answers

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,747 Pathfinder
    edited March 2019
    Windows signals the OS that battery is at 100% once the battery reaches 100%, and stays there until battery goes below 95%.
    Battery bar on the other hand senses that battery is holding 97% of stated capacity (considering it knows max capacity and current capacity at 100% charge and calculates wear).
    It is this difference you are seeing as wear.
    Also, wear under 2% is normal, even for a new battery.
    Don't strain yourself by calibrating with charge-discharge cycles - you need this maybe once in 3-4 months considering your laptop is on power 100% of time. Other wise, maybe once in about an year would suffice. Also, by these frequent charge-discharge cycles, you are actually killing battery - battery life is calculated in number of charge-discharge cycles.

Ignore the wear percentage in battery bar, for now. Leave it for a few months and then check... you'll be surprised.
    -----
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve