Charging a laptop (A715 71G) through type-c

Marles
Marles Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Hello. I'm interested in how to charge my laptop (Acer Aspire A715 71G) through the type-c connector. I heard that you can charge your Macbook through a power bank. However, in Acer, a special connector is used for charging, although type-c is present. So, is it possible to charge the laptop with a 40W 20V 2A power bank through a type-c connector and is it safe?

Best Answer

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    Sorry. Your type-c port does NOT support laptop charging. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Marles

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Sorry. Your type-c port does NOT support laptop charging. Jack E/NJ
    It's a pity. But is it possible to charge the laptop through the right connector from the power bank? Maybe there is a USB adapter in the right connector
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Yes. There are universal external battery packs with multiple connectors. https://www.amazon.com/MAXOAK-50000mAh-Portable-Charger-External/dp/B00YP823NA  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Marles

Tinkerer

So much thanks
  • Z84
    Z84 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited November 2021
    Hello Marles, I'm looking for the same question and found your question. As i can see it was some time ago:) but have  you successed? Is MAXOAK 50000mah suitable for acer? Appreciate
  • Marles

Tinkerer

Z84 said:
    Hello Marles, I'm looking for the same question and found your question. As i can see it was some time ago:) but have  you successed? Is MAXOAK 50000mah suitable for acer? Appreciate
    Hello. No. This laptop does not support charging via type-c. I'm sorry. Have a nice day!