No Bootable device Aspire E5 511

dragonsour
dragonsour Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
Ive had this Aspire E5 511 for 2-3 years now but a while ago it failed to boot up one day over a year or so ago, after a day of trying to sort it, I put it on the shelf and bought a new laptop. Fast forward to now, I turned it on, did Alt & F10 to boot to repair part, it repaired but still wont boot up. Is there a recovery disc or downloadble reset for usb stick that I can get from Acer to try a factory reset and reinstall everything from scratch? The Acer did try to go through recovery but I think the best option would be to do a fresh installation

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,849 Trailblazer
    If ALT+F10 cold boot reset successfully completed the first time but the HDD still won't boot, then you should definitely try it a 2nd time. If still no joy, you can make a free generic Windows installation USB using Microsofts media tool http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-recovery   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• dragonsour

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    If ALT+F10 cold boot reset successfully completed the first time but the HDD still won't boot, then you should definitely try it a 2nd time. If still no joy, you can make a free generic Windows installation USB using Microsofts media tool http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-recovery   Jack E/NJ

No it didn't work. Ive ordered another Acer hard drive, Ill do a clean install on it when I receive it plus download all drivers for it from the Acer site. Replacing is a bit of a bind as you have to unscrew everything and lift the keyboard up and do a plug and play!!!

• JackE
    Yes, agreed, a very inconvenient procedure for this particular model. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• dragonsour

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Yes, agreed, a very inconvenient procedure for this particular model. Jack E/NJ
    Managed to install, changed to Legacy in bios and windows installed no problem
  • JackE
    Sounds like you got that thing buttoned up OK. Congrats. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ