legacy bios?

arosamiran
arosamiran Member Posts: 6 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I can't boot to legacy bios. What should I do?

Best Answer

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    edited March 2019 Answer ✓
    I do. Is it true that if I removed the hdd I will be forced to the bios then I could choose uefi?
    Yes, if you remove or disconnect your HDD, you should be able to regain access to BIOS.  However, you may want to take it to a computer repair shop if you're not comfortable temporarily removing your HDD.
    I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good Morning arosamiran !

First, you need to tell the exact model of your laptop or desktop.

Either way, the Legacy mode is no longer standard on today's machines and will be completely replaced by UEFi by 2021.
    Also know that it is perfectly impossible to install other OS's in UEFi mode.

If your device still supports Legacy, you must access Bios, create a superuser password, save and exit.
    enter again and now try to access the modes to verify that legacy mode is enabled.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• arosamiran
    Aspire v5-132p
  • MaClane
    Aspire v5-132p-2446?
    Aspire v5-132p-3222?
    etc...
    Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• arosamiran
    Idk. All I know is v5-132p
  • MaClane
    I need you to identify the exact model.
    In addition, did you follow the procedure I reported?

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• arosamiran
    I do. Is it true that if I removed the hdd I will be forced to the bios then I could choose uefi?
  • arosamiran
    I can't access the bios
  • MaClane
    Do not have access to Bios for what reason?
    What message do you have?

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• To access the bios, you must press the f2 key as soon as you turn on the notebook! Then you should see this option:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    edited March 2019 Answer ✓
    Yes, if you remove or disconnect your HDD, you should be able to regain access to BIOS.  However, you may want to take it to a computer repair shop if you're not comfortable temporarily removing your HDD.
    I'm not an Acer employee.