Customize color of close, minimize, maximize, nitro 5s ans515 53

AdamF93
AdamF93 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
and the color of buttons opposite side of those. Is this possible ? I purchased 2 refurbished nitro 5s ans515 53 
I double checked all settings on both in control panel, it’s bugging me why 1 of them has those buttons colored while other is just plain.
brightness, night mode options are all the same. This is making me feel real anxious like I hope nothing is wrong with the 1 laptop. Not to mention that when I max out night mode on both - why one appears more warm than the other…

Answers

• dclanz
    dclanz Member Posts: 112 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited March 2019
    Interesting, can you post a screenshot of it @AdamF93?
    If a post helps or answers your question, be sure to hit the like button so the poster knows they were helpful.
    Try using the search function before posting, as your question may have been asked and resolved before.
    Be sure to check out my Acer An515-42 Clean Install Guide.
  • AdamF93
    Yes sir. Thank you for coming to rescue 😃I just snapped pics of the video I just took as I’m trying to go to sleep but the anxiety killing me bout this. My fear is that such a tiny screen discoloration , different colored buttons would eventually cause ring of death aka Xbox reference 😅 my buddy who has the same exact laptop he bought his new and his Minimize, maximize and close buttons are white..

Brightness level 45% and night mode on same level so that’s why screen is that color. With night mode off I could see it being real easy to adjust brightness to make them both look the same but I’d always know in back of my head lol I just need my mind put at peace. If eventually I need to just to replace screen hope it not too expensive and but then wtf is the deal with the colored buttons 😂🐙🦄🦖🐳🐬🤔💕
  • dclanz
    dclanz Member Posts: 112 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited March 2019
    Ah! We had an issue with the early video card drivers for the AN515-42 model and screen discoloration (see here https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/548429/nitro-an515-42-amd-2500u-560x-have-problem-about-color-with-windows-10-build-1803). My advice, try updating your video card drivers (I think your unit has an Nvidia card) on the affected unit and see if this helps in your case. You can check the Acer download page for the drivers specific to your model (AN515-53 https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7571?b=1) and if it still doesn't help you should be able to try the Nvidia drivers from their download page (https://www.nvidia.com/download/find.aspx) for your specific video card.
    If a post helps or answers your question, be sure to hit the like button so the poster knows they were helpful.
    Try using the search function before posting, as your question may have been asked and resolved before.
    Be sure to check out my Acer An515-42 Clean Install Guide.
  • AdamF93
    Morning happy Sunday nice hearing back from you Dclanz hope your having a great sunday;) that makes sense. I heard back from the supplier gave him the serial number so I’ll let you know what he says. Now I’m thinking I’m crazy after having a good sleep - about the minimize maximize close buttons being colored after taking a look again. 1 definitely remains way warmer than other though idk if it’s worth worrying about I’m tired of worrying bout stupid screen brightness lvl lol😩🐒🦄🐳🦖👾