Ethermet connection slow when Acer E15-575G on AC-power

gnvdk
gnvdk Member Posts: 10 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
When I use a ethernet (cabled) connection to the internet and work on battery power, my internet speed is around 30 Mbps, if I plug in the charger (AC-power) this speed drops to around 5-6 Mbps. When working wireless I don't notice any difference.

I already upgraded the BIOS and the drivers of the Realtek network card.

I really don't understand how this is possible. Can someone explain and perhaps point to a solution?

Laptop: Acer E 15, Windows 10, 8Gb memory, Realtek PCIe Gbe family ethernet card.

Answers

• Hello! Go in the power options and in "Wireless Network Adapter Settings", put on maximum performance at the electrical outlet!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • gnvdk
    Thanks for your response, but that was its setting already. So that doesn't help.
  • Then try upgrading the drivers with the driverpack: https://drp.su/en
    Uncheck these programs:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • gnvdk
    That gives me all kind of virus warnings... not touching it.
  • This site contains no viruses! You can install the program without risks! You can also use this program: https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php#

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• gnvdk
    edited March 2019
    Sorry but Malwarebytes gave me 48 viruses after installing that program before I even downloaded a driver!
  • OK! I myself have this program installed and there is no virus!
    Can you copy the idhardware from your device using the device manager? That way, we can search for a current driver on google:
    Resultado de imagem para idhardware

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• gnvdk
    Hardware ID's:
    PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_10941025&REV_12
    PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_10941025
    PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&CC_020000
    PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&CC_0200

I did update the driver for the ethernet adapter from the acer website very recently and have a driver version 10.32.1206.2018, from 6/12/2018

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,305 Trailblazer
    edited March 2019
    You provided me the idhardware of the ethernet network card: https://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER05324551M/1/Realtek-PCIe-Ethernet-Controller-Driver_VCF89_WIN_2.45.2018.1024_A21.EXE
    Could you provide me the idhardware of the wireless network card? You could hit a photo by pressing the prtscreen key and copying to the paint, who shows this?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• gnvdk
    My wireless adapter is working perfectly. It'the ethernet adapter that's causing me problems. So I don't see any need to update the driver for the wireless adapter.

Anyway, the id's of the wireless adapter:
    PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0042&SUBSYS_08A611AD&REV_31
    PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0042&SUBSYS_08A611AD
    PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0042&CC_028000
    PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0042&CC_0280

• OK! Did you download the ethernet adapter driver from the link I posted here?
    You provided me the idhardware of the ethernet network card: https://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER05324551M/1/Realtek-PCIe-Ethernet-Controller-Driver_VCF89_WIN_2.45.2018.1024_A21.EXE
    Could you provide me the idhardware of the wireless network card? You could hit a photo by pressing the prtscreen key and copying to the paint, who shows this?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• gnvdk
    edited March 2019
    Sorry, I didn't have the chance to test anything till today (wasn't at my client's).
    I did download the driver. No change; same problem.
  • When you plug in the power adapter, is the computer in high-performance mode? Have you checked these settings yet?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• gnvdk
    Sorry I don't know what advanced setting you mean. In your picture none is highlighted. And my spanish is not very good.
  • Actually, it's written in Portuguese! I rephrase my question:
    a) When you plug in the power adapter, does the notebook get high performance in the power options?
    b) in speed and duplex, how is the configuration?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• gnvdk
    See how good my spanish is ;)
    Anyway tested the speed and duplex with automatic negotiations, 1Gb Full duplex, 100 Mb Full duplex and 100 Mb half duplex. No change: still 5-6 times as quick without the charger,

My settings are set on high performance when on AC-power(charger), but I have no idea how i can check it is actually operating in high performance mode. Any clue for that?
  • You should check if your notebook is in high performance here and also check this setting:

In power saving mode, select disabled!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• gnvdk
    The power saving mode of the ethernet card was activated. De-activating it didn't make any difference.

The energy schema is set on ultimate performance.
  • OK! Can you tell the router model and have already updated its firmware? Have you tried disabling the fast startup that is located in the power options? Then restart the notebook and test it!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer