External Mic for Acer Iconia B1

AUT19
AUT19 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
My apologies if this has been asked & answered and I just can't find the information. I have an Acer Iconia B1 tablet (Model B1-770, Android 5.0.1). I'd like to connect an external microphone to improve mic quality.

Could someone please let me know where an external mic would connect? And once connected, does the tablet automatically start using the external mic?

Many thanks.

Best Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,679 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    You can plug a mic into the headphone jack. You might be able to use the USB port for a mic as well, though I expect that is going to be software dependent.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    It should handle it automagically, just like plugging in headphones.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    You can plug a mic into the headphone jack. You might be able to use the USB port for a mic as well, though I expect that is going to be software dependent.
  • AUT19
    AUT19 Member Posts: 2 New User
    billsey said:
    Thanks billsey. Do I have to do anything to let the tablet know I've plugged a mic in, or does it automatically use it instead of the built-in mic? (I suppose once I get a mic I'll know the answer to that!)
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    It should handle it automagically, just like plugging in headphones.