What are the supported NVIDIA graphic cards for acer Veriton Essential S - VES2730G (core i5-8400 )

shenal_perera
shenal_perera Member Posts: 18

Tinkerer

edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
May I know what are the NVIDIA graphic cards are supported with VES2730G ( core i5-8400 ) ( https://www.acer.com/ac/en/SG/content/professional-model/DT.VS2SG.032 ).I am willing to buy an GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti G1 Gaming 4G( https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-N105TG1-GAMING-4GD#sp ).

Best Answer

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    The GPU you are planning to purchase requires a 6pin external power, and the PSU doesn't provide any extra 6pin connectors. You need a GPU that doesn't require extra power from the PSU or your other option is to change the PSU with another that has this extra 6pin connector.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• ven98
    Answer ✓
    The GPU you are planning to purchase requires a 6pin external power, and the PSU doesn't provide any extra 6pin connectors. You need a GPU that doesn't require extra power from the PSU or your other option is to change the PSU with another that has this extra 6pin connector.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• shenal_perera

Tinkerer

Thank you very much,
    Does this PSU ( https://www.corsair.com/ca/en/Categories/Products/Power-Supply-Units/vs-series-config-2018/p/CP-9020171-NA) have that extra 6-pin extra power? and will there be any compatibility issues with this new PSU and the other components of he CPU (motherboard,hdd,processor...)
  • ven98
    By looking at the back of the PC it seems that it is using a TFX form factor PSU, which means an ATX PSU like the one from the link won't fit. I suggest you to open the PC, check the dimensions of the PSU and let me know if they are the same as the PSU from this link:
    https://www.scan.co.uk/products/300w-silverstone-sst-tx300-80plus-bronze-fully-wired-dual-rail-29a-plus12v-1x80mm-fan-tfx-psu

In the PSU's specification it is given whether it has a 6pin connector.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• shenal_perera

Tinkerer

Thanks,PC has the default PSU given by the Acer
  • ven98
    Unfortunately, I unable to check the specs of the PSU inside your PC, so you can open it and measure the dimensions of the PSU(height, depth, length) and post them here.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• shenal_perera

Tinkerer

Sorry I am unable to remove the case,From the outside it looks like the measurements match with the measurements in the link you provided.Sorry for the inability to give the extract right measurements...! 
  • ven98
    I already know that the outside measurements match, but I can't really recommend you what PSU to purchase if I am not sure about the size of the original PSU.

All TFX PSUs have the same form factor regarding the width and height, but the length could be different. It is also possible that the original PSU has a different form.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• shenal_perera

Tinkerer

I will be able to select a product with the matching measurements,the thing I want to know is if I buy a PSU in this link ( https://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=463&area=en ), its 600w and also has the required pins.Will there be any other compatibility issues??? eg - motherboard supported power or any other (not regarding to the size of PSU)
  • ven98
    Most if not all PSUs for PCs are compatible with the motherboard and the CPU. The one from the link is also compatible(not size wise).
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• shenal_perera

Tinkerer

Noted...Thank you
  • ven98
    You are welcome:)
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system