Fixing Nitro XV273K backlight excessive bleed?

Peter_
Peter_ Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
Hi, I just bought a Nitro XV273K monitor and it's incredible except for the excessive backlight bleed.

Here's a picture of Resident Evil 2 Remake and a black image:

I'm not sure if it's normal since I've been using inexpensive 24 inch 1080p monitors before this one. Is there a setting or settings I can tweak to reduce the bleeding? I really don't want to return the monitor since it's incredible but the backlight bleeding is really distracting. Especially when I play a game as dark as Resident Evil 2 Remake.

Best Answer

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    The backlight bleeding on this monitor is way above the normal. There is no way to fix it, but you can make it less noticeable by reducing the brightness. I would personally send the monitor back for a replacement straight away without thinking twice.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    The backlight bleeding on this monitor is way above the normal. There is no way to fix it, but you can make it less noticeable by reducing the brightness. I would personally send the monitor back for a replacement straight away without thinking twice.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Peter_
    Peter_ Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you. I ended up returning the monitor.

I would love to know what kind of light bleeding other people have with this monitor. I love the monitor so much I'm thinking about risking the panel lottery again and buying another one in the hope of getting a good one.
  • Jeef
    Jeef Member Posts: 5 New User
    edited March 2019
    I also love this monitor and brought it after testing it on my friends computer, his monitor had a lot less back light bleed compared to mine. I'm hoping a replacement one will have less or at least equal to his copy of the monitor. 

I edit photos in black and white and it really visible so at the moment I'm having to use my older dell u2518d which doesn't have this issue.
  • Jeef
    I got a Super quick response from Acer, I'm returning the monitor for a replacement and hope the second one is on par with my friends. I will update when it I get it. 
  • Jeef
    First impressions mean everything. On this occasion Acer had no intention to deliver. I returned the panel expecting a replacement. Instead got little feedback for 2 weeks. The only positive is I got a full refund. I will put the money towards a more capable company. 

• RunningRings
    RunningRings Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have just returned my THIRD XV273K. The first two had very excessive back-light bleed like this one. The third one had marginally better back-light bleed, but had a very odd defect. This defect was like an internal liquid bleeding on the far edge of the panel (only visible on light backgrounds). The most annoying thing is this monitor's panel is actually amazing. My much cheaper Acer H277HK has almost zero back-light bleeding!