How do I resolve wifi connectivity issues with Acer Chromebook R 11 ? (model N15Q8)

sruffa1
sruffa1 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Chromebook is brand new and has not connected to home wifi once.  I have tried a factory reset, turning modem and router off and on etc.  All other devices have successfully connected to wifi.  

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,625 Trailblazer
    What are the symptoms, does it not see any networks at all, is it seeing networks but not connecting, is it connecting but rejecting the password?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • sruffa1
    sruffa1 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited March 2019
    It says it is connected with a ! Next to the WiFi icon when I open the chrome browser it says I am offline- also there is a pop up that says my wifi network may require me to visit it's login page however when I click on that it says www.gstatic.com isn't working.  
  • billsey
    So the radio is connecting, it's the network configuration that's acting up. Can you click on the pop-up to get the login page? This is pretty common for public networks.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevieD
    StevieD Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the acer chromebook model n15q8 and in the last month my wifi connection completely disconnects arbitrarily and with no rhyme or reason, the only thing to get it back online that has worked is a full reboot of the machine.  This is happened on different wifi networks from public, to home, to tethering through phone.  Is there any solution or do I need to fill out a warranty claim and then pay to send in the machine for service?  Thank You
  • billsey
    @StevieD you probably should have started a new thread, since your problem is different than the original poster. Do you seem to have a general weakness in the WiFi or does it work just fine, then stop suddenly?