I have an acer nitro 5 an515-42-r83a fps drops and games crashing

Options
Aluminati
Aluminati Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have an acer nitro 5 an515-42-r83a and the games shut of (crash) when i start them the games are paladins, world of warplanes  minecraft and maybe WOT and LOL and i am also experiencing low fps in those games and overcloking with MSI Afterburner does not work because when I klick the checkmark it jump's back to normal accept core voltage please help me

Best Answer

• dclanz
    dclanz Member Posts: 112 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Aluminati said:
    Thank you dclanz but it did not fix my problem with games shutting down when I start them maybe because I overcloked my laptop and then i undercloked it , if so please tell me . Thank you

Hi @Aluminati it could be possible that by overclocking/underclocking the system became unstable. You mentioned "overclocking with MSI Afterburner does not work because when I klick the checkmark it jump's back to normal accept core voltage". I presume that the software didn't accept your changes (I'm not even certain Afterburner works with the RX 560X) but just to be safe, I downloaded it myself and saved the image with the default settings you should have for the RX 560X. You can try setting the values in the screenshot and applying with a reboot after to see if it helps when you launch the games again.

If a post helps or answers your question, be sure to hit the like button so the poster knows they were helpful.
    Try using the search function before posting, as your question may have been asked and resolved before.
    Be sure to check out my Acer An515-42 Clean Install Guide.

Answers

• dclanz
    Options
    Hi @Aluminati I'm going to recommend that you try updating your video card drivers using those supplied by AMD. Head over to https://www.amd.com/en/support and from the drop down menu select processors with graphics then AMD Ryzen processors and finally select your mobile processor (5 or 7) and processing unit (e.g AMD Ryzen 5 2500U). Once you've downloaded and installed the drivers, restarted the PC and logged back in, head into file explorer then right click This PC and go to properties. Click on device manager, expand display adapters and right click the Radeon RX 560 (if you see Radeon RX 560X then don't worry, just go straight to launching your games and testing to see if they work, otherwise continue the following) and go to update driver. Click browse my computer for driver software, then click on let me pick from a list of available drivers on my system (note this step will only work if you've installed the previous AMD Radeon drivers). Uncheck show compatible hardware and browse through the list until you see two RX 560Xs. Select the first one, click next and run through the driver installation, then reboot and head back into Windows. Try launching the various game titles which were giving issues before and let us know how it goes. :)
    If a post helps or answers your question, be sure to hit the like button so the poster knows they were helpful.
    Try using the search function before posting, as your question may have been asked and resolved before.
  • Aluminati
    Options
    Thank you dclanz but it did not fix my problem with games shutting down when I start them maybe because I overcloked my laptop and then i undercloked it , if so please tell me . Thank you

• dclanz
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Aluminati said:

Hi @Aluminati it could be possible that by overclocking/underclocking the system became unstable. You mentioned "overclocking with MSI Afterburner does not work because when I klick the checkmark it jump's back to normal accept core voltage". I presume that the software didn't accept your changes (I'm not even certain Afterburner works with the RX 560X) but just to be safe, I downloaded it myself and saved the image with the default settings you should have for the RX 560X. You can try setting the values in the screenshot and applying with a reboot after to see if it helps when you launch the games again.

• Aluminati
    Options
    Thank you but i Uninstalled MSI afterburner and Kaspersky and it woks good now on low settings
  • dclanz
    Options
    Aluminati said:
    Thank you but i Uninstalled MSI afterburner and Kaspersky and it woks good now on low settings
    I'm glad you got it sorted!