Acer Sitch 5 problem

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have just recently bought a refurbished Switch 5 from LaptopsDirect in UK looking perfectly like new, on receipt and very shortly thereafter it developed a fault with the keyboard stopping working when the Switch 5 is closed to make a brew or take a leak. Lo and behold on return keyboards is in operative. Remedy is to demount and remount keyboard. Informed LaptopsDirect of problem and given details of how to return to Acer Support to address the problem. Instructions given by Acer with Acer Support email:   

(Good day Thank you for contacting Acer, Regarding your enquiry. If a technician finds any physical damage, liquid spills, software issues will not be covered under warranty and if it is found to be a manufacturing defect, we will repair the unit for free of charge. If after initial investigation the unit is found to be damaged and you do not want to repair the unit, in order shipped the unit back unrepaired, you will have to pay £ 37.20 for return shipping.)

Straight away I was suspicious with the words (If a technician finds any physical damage, liquid spills, software issues will not be covered under warranty). Guess What! When they received the item immediately they say that It is with regret that I advise that your machine has been deemed to have impact/accidental damage and as this is not covered under the terms and conditions of your warranty we have raised a proposal.

As I had only had the device  approximately one week and hardly out of the box developing a problem which seems to be General Knowledge, I feel that I am being conned to two(2) aledged reputable companies. And the moral of this story is be vary wary of companies as they seem to have it in for the littleman.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Options
    Open Control Panel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do' . Change all the settings to sleep as in the image below. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Options
    BEWARE!!! Do not pucrchase an Acer Switch 5 as it has an worldwide ongoing problem with a dysfunctional keyboard. Throughout the World it is "General Knowledge" through customers problems, but Acer seem to be refusing to acknowledge the fact. When returning a device in full working order as a tablet to Acer Support immediately they will say it has been damaged. If they receive it damaged then it is down to the couriers as the packing would have been more than adequate as customers have forked out a vast amount of money for the device, and would not use "Sloppy" packaging. 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Options
    teatin>>>>Throughout the World it is "General Knowledge" through customers problems>>>

This is news to me. What newspaper, magazine or newsletter link is publishing this worldwide ongoing general knowledge problem? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ