my predator 17x is plugged in and fully charged but will shut doen when i close the lid

Options
darkzero_omega
darkzero_omega Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
ok so this has only started happening recently but when i close the lid of my laptop for too long (say 30 sec to 1 min) the laptop will shut down completely. ive gone to to the batery settings and checked to make sure that i didnt change anything and it still does it. what should i do. im running windows10 btw. 

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    From what I understood you have set 'when I close the lid' to 'do nothing', right?

If that is correct, does the device shutdown or it goes to sleep mode?

Make sure that 'turn off the display' and 'put the computer to sleep' are set for longer than 1 minute, again from power plan settings.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• darkzero_omega
    darkzero_omega Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    yeah those are what i have them set on. but when i close it it turns completley off. ive tapped the keboard just to mkae sure that it didnt hibernate. but this thing will literally shut down where itll do the predator intro and everything

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    You can try booting windows in safe mode and then check if it will turn off the same way again.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!