Screen goes black after a few mnutes

Xoryan
Xoryan Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 15 in 2019 Archives
I just got an Acer predator g3-710. I went through the setup and after a few minutes in windows the screen goes black (no input to the monitor) and the CPU revs up. It stays like this. I restarted in safe mode with networking and it stayed on with no issues. I downloaded the latest drivers for the 1070 from nvidia and installed them and it did the same problem when i restarted the computer. Can you provide me with steps to resolve my issue. Thanks.

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,905 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Are you sure it's the CPU fan that spins up, or is it the 1070 fan? In safe mode the video is reset to use the generic driver, which isn't going to use the GPU much at all. If the 1070 is overheating and firing up the fan to full blast then it's likely a card issue and should be dealt with through the warranty process. You shouldn't have that fan going full blast under normal running.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,905 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Are you sure it's the CPU fan that spins up, or is it the 1070 fan? In safe mode the video is reset to use the generic driver, which isn't going to use the GPU much at all. If the 1070 is overheating and firing up the fan to full blast then it's likely a card issue and should be dealt with through the warranty process. You shouldn't have that fan going full blast under normal running.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.