Asprire nitro 5 turns off when unplugged.

VentKazemaru
VentKazemaru Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I got this laptop a little under a year ago. It worked fine at first. But I noticed that should the AC get unplugged. the entire thing turns off. Sometimes I can use it on battery. But only if it's unplugged to begin with. Recently now that doesn't work either.

I've been pressing the battery reset under the laptop. It worked for a little while. but now it's going back to not working. I doubt the battery is a problem. I use it plugged in most of the time, and it's still recent.

I once tried to disable the compliant control battery method a little while back. and it actually worked. But then I can't see the battery power. and not that doesn't work either. Keeps turning back on.

Is there anymore more I can do?

Acer Aspire Nitro 5 AN515-51-50PN

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,848 Trailblazer
    edited February 2019 Answer ✓
    Remove HDD and RAM modules. Remove 15 screws from the bottom case. Pry the bottom off starting from the left hand side in the figure below. Remove tape from battery cable connector to the mainboard. Re-seat the connector a half dozen or so times to clean the connector. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    edited February 2019 Answer ✓
    Remove HDD and RAM modules. Remove 15 screws from the bottom case. Pry the bottom off starting from the left hand side in the figure below. Remove tape from battery cable connector to the mainboard. Re-seat the connector a half dozen or so times to clean the connector. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• VentKazemaru
    I got as far to removing the hdd and screws. Not sure about how to actually open the casing though. 
  • VentKazemaru
    JackE said:

Actually I managed to open it up and air spray out the connectors. It's turning out without the plug. For now.
  • In addition to the tips of fellow JackE, make sure this button is pressed correctly:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    egydiocoelho  I think VentKazemaru   meant it's turning on now without the plug. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ