Can't access my D drive....

ramoner
ramoner Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
I have an ACer Aspire ATC-710-eb51 desktop and it will not let me access my own D drive. It keeps saying, 'you don't have permission to access this folder'; I press continue and then it says, 'you have been denied permission to access this folder'..

How can I use my d drive?

Thanks

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Have you recently installed any program/software, that you think might be blocking the access to the drive?
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• ramoner
    ramoner Member Posts: 3 New User
    ven98 said:
    Have you recently installed any program/software, that you think might be blocking the access to the drive?
    No I haven't.
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    You can try following the suggestions in this video:
    https://youtu.be/0in9Pmzp-a4
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,905 Trailblazer
    I'm guessing your D drive is a transplant from your old computer. It's permissions are set to only allow access to the user on your previous computer, which isn't the same SID as your user on the new computer. You need to reset the owners on all files and folders recursively to your current user. It takes Administrator permissions  but other than that is handled pretty much as the video suggests.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.