Acer Bios v1.22 AN 515-52

KedWalker
KedWalker Member Posts: 33 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
When new Bios will release? I stuck with bios v1.22 that keyboard-light auto off after 30sec on PLUGGED IN .. yeah i know the acer nitro 5 is fixed 30 sec timeout but that only on BATTERY not PLUGGED IN .. version bios before v1.22 keyboard-light will permanent on PLUGGED IN without any timeout .. while on BATTERY is 30sec timeout which is OK .. but in v1.22 which PLUGGED IN also timeout 30sec so annoying to me .. save battery for what while PLUGGED IN .. please release new bios that fix this issue ....

Answers

• There are reports from another user who said Acer's support will launch a fix for this problem in March!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • KedWalker
    There are reports from another user who said Acer's support will launch a fix for this problem in March!
    Good to know that. Thank you
  • Jalz19
    Jalz19 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

KedWalker said:
    When new Bios will release? I stuck with bios v1.22 that keyboard-light auto off after 30sec on PLUGGED IN .. yeah i know the acer nitro 5 is fixed 30 sec timeout but that only on BATTERY not PLUGGED IN .. version bios before v1.22 keyboard-light will permanent on PLUGGED IN without any timeout .. while on BATTERY is 30sec timeout which is OK .. but in v1.22 which PLUGGED IN also timeout 30sec so annoying to me .. save battery for what while PLUGGED IN .. please release new bios that fix this issue ....
    have the same problem here
  • It seems that acer will launch a bios update in March @Jalz19!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • AMDKilla
    AMDKilla Member Posts: 57 Devotee WiFi Icon
    I haven't tried the Feb update yet, but I'm inclined to hold off if it's potentially going to be solved in March. Only reported it in November after all...
  • I'm not sure about this information, as anyone who reported it was another reviewer! I'm trying to find the link on which he posted this info!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• KedWalker
    edited March 2019
    Good news .. new bios version v1.24 already realease .. here download link make sure your model same as mine: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7572?b=1&pn=NH.Q3MSM.001

Bad news .. the keyboard light is still same as before .. 30 sec timeout even plugged in ..
  • I suggest you wait a little longer, before upgrading to version 1.24!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• KedWalker
    I suggest you wait a little longer, before upgrading to version 1.24!
    Yeah you should wait .. but for me i cant wait someone install and review it to me cause i really hate keyboard timeout for nitro 5 .. i already seen some thread about another model nitro 5 has been released new bios v1.13 and its has timeout setting include at the bios .. so i think same acer do for my model .. and i kinda disappointed still same and i didnt see any setting to disable timeout for keyboard backlight in the BIOS .. so what i see from now i no longer receive blue screen like v1.22 bios version anymore .. that already make me happy for now .. i dont know what cause my blue screen either but after update new bios seem like its not happen anymore ..
  • I do not know when exactly, but I know Acer will launch a new bios in no time! Wait!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• chromey
    chromey Member Posts: 39 Devotee WiFi Icon
    KedWalker said:
    Yeah you should wait .. but for me i cant wait someone install and review it to me cause i really hate keyboard timeout for nitro 5 .. i already seen some thread about another model nitro 5 has been released new bios v1.13 and its has timeout setting include at the bios .. so i think same acer do for my model .. and i kinda disappointed still same and i didnt see any setting to disable timeout for keyboard backlight in the BIOS .. so what i see from now i no longer receive blue screen like v1.22 bios version anymore .. that already make me happy for now .. i dont know what cause my blue screen either but after update new bios seem like its not happen anymore ..
    You could always revert back to 1.19 (no timer) untill there is a new bios to fix the issue

• KedWalker
    chromey said:
    KedWalker said:
    You could always revert back to 1.19 (no timer) untill there is a new bios to fix the issue

its safe to rollback? some user scare me they say that i can brick my bios if rollback failed 
  • Both the upgrade procedure and the bios downgrade are extremely risky procedures! However, I consider the downgrade procedure still much more risky than the bios upgrade! I suggest you wait a little longer and do not take the risk in downgrade! Also, bios downgrade could cause your notebook to turn a brick!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer