Acer ED242QR Abidpx Black 24" 144Hz resolution and connection issues when in standby.

Max78
Max78 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives

When my monitor goes to sleep I have a couple issues, and hoping I can find a solution before the 30 window is up, because they are deal breakers.

First when my monitor goes to sleep it will rearrange all of my desktop icons into the upper left of my monitor. From what I can tell its doing that because when the monitor sleeps is dropping the resolution down causing all of my icons to get shifted. . . .

Which brings us to the second issue.

When the monitor sleeps my computer will never sleep because the monitor keeps connecting and disconnecting, I know this because I hear the notification chime through my speakers. That chime will go off every 5 to 10 seconds and never stop, it will go on for hours.

None of my current backup monitors do this, and the old monitor I replaced did not do this. . . 

Any help or input would be greatly appreciated!

Best Answer

• Max78
    Answer ✓
    Heres an update.

Installing the driver resulted in a random BSOD.

I was never able to resolve the sleep issue so i returned it and purchased a different brand, same price, same VA panel, slightly more curve, and 144hz. Glad I did because its much more vibrant and has quite a bit less back light bleed.

The new monitor has no sleep issues and works just fine.

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good afternoon Max78 !

Firstly, what is the model of your equipment?
    Laptop or desktop?
    What is your version of Windows?
    Are all drivers properly updated?
    Have you installed and updated your monitor drivers?

Drivers here:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7335?b=1

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Max78
    edited February 2019
    My equipment is a Desktop, custom built.
    Drivers: All are up to date including my display drivers. I tried a couple different display drivers to trouble shoot and remove that as a possibility.
    Of the 15 years I have been building computers I have never installed monitor drivers for any of my monitors. . . . I will give it a shot and report back.
     Thank you for the help!
  • Max78
    Updated the monitor drivers and no change in behavior.

Any other ideas?
  • gleds
    gleds Member Posts: 3 New User
    COMPREI UM MONITOR  ACER ED242QR LIGUEI NORMALMENTE FUNCIONOU LEGAL DEPOIS A TELA FICOU BRANCA E A SATURACAO ALTISSIMA MAL DA PRA VER AS IMAGENS E A  TELA FICA TODA BRANCA , O QUE DEVO FAZER  SO TEM UM DIA QUE COMPREI E NO PRIMEIRO DIA JA DEU ESSE SUPÓSTO DEFEITO EU USO SISTEMA WIN 7 ULTIMATE 64 BITS MEU NOTBOOK E UM ACER 5756 CORE I3 2,7 850GB MEMORIA , E RAM DE 4 
  • MaClane
    Good Morning gleds !

This forum is in English and your question should be posted in the native language.
    Open a new topic in the Portuguese community.

Bom dia gleds !

Esse forum é em ingles e sua questão deve ser postada na linguagem nativa.
    Abra um novo tópic na comunidade portuguesa.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Max78
    Answer ✓
    Heres an update.

Installing the driver resulted in a random BSOD.

I was never able to resolve the sleep issue so i returned it and purchased a different brand, same price, same VA panel, slightly more curve, and 144hz. Glad I did because its much more vibrant and has quite a bit less back light bleed.

The new monitor has no sleep issues and works just fine.
  • MaClane
    How good that solved!
    Accept the answer and mark as resolved to help others in the forum!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™