blackscreen issue Aspire E1-532

KevinAspire
KevinAspire Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
my Acer Aspire E1-532 has the unfortunate thing happening that my screen dosent work all of a sudden, it worked perfectly just about 3 weeks ago and never showed any warning signs whatsoever.

the fan works and i can also get the light indicators for when i turn it on/the battery detector to work but for some reason it also wont connect to my mouse, TV or other extern monitor.

i have tried various guides, both for how to solve the blackscreen issue but also how to transfer my important files to my new PC through stuff like google chrome/google account sync but nothing seems to work given that i cant access my E1 at all.

for many reasons i was never able to make a backup of it which i had to accept (dont ask why it just refused to back up my data)

due to it being so sudden i really have no idea what to do, i have very important pictures and bookmarks that are gonna be near impossible to ever find again.

i am literally pulling my hair out atm since i have basically my whole life on it...

hope someone can help me,

best regards, Kevin

Ps. i also tried one of the tips from Acer itself where i had to take out the battery and hold down the power button but that didnt help either, i also tried to remotely access the files but whichever site talked about it i would have had to put that in the laptop BEFORE it malfunctioned, fml.

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 4,006 Pathfinder
    @KevinAspire

Most simple thing to do first i know bit may not be the cause but some systems i have done was due to ram or hard drive.

Try trying one by one. If your systems has 2 memory slots remove the top ram stick then try to power on. If no luck then swap the 2nd slot with the one you removed. You may only have one port if so remove the ram and the hard drive and see if it will power on if it does you should receive a beep. If not try putting the ram in first - power on. Then try just the hd - power on.

It could also be an over heated board. Maybe try stripping the system down, remove the heat sink and re apply some new paste. Otherwise yes you could have a faulty board.

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• KevinAspire
    Jack22 said:
    @KevinAspire

Most simple thing to do first i know bit may not be the cause but some systems i have done was due to ram or hard drive.

Try trying one by one. If your systems has 2 memory slots remove the top ram stick then try to power on. If no luck then swap the 2nd slot with the one you removed. You may only have one port if so remove the ram and the hard drive and see if it will power on if it does you should receive a beep. If not try putting the ram in first - power on. Then try just the hd - power on.

It could also be an over heated board. Maybe try stripping the system down, remove the heat sink and re apply some new paste. Otherwise yes you could have a faulty board.

im not really a tech savvy person, never messed around with the stuff whatsoever, i know a place that does repairs for free once a month so i will for sure take your suggestion to them, thanks anyways :)
  • Jack22
    @KevinAspire
    You can also send the unit for repair to Acer service center if the unit is under warranty.
    To contact Acer support check the below link
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

• KevinAspire
    Jack22 said:
    @KevinAspire
    You can also send the unit for repair to Acer service center if the unit is under warranty.

sadly no, its like 5 years old and if i remember correctly the warrenty was 2 or 3 years when i bought it, but again, thanks ;)
  • Jack22
    Jack22 said:
    @KevinAspire

sadly no, its like 5 years old and if i remember correctly the warrenty was 2 or 3 years when i bought it, but again, thanks ;)
    Am sorry about it kevin. But hope your unit get ixed soon.