mouse pad on chromebook 15

neil1964
neil1964 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Good day, Bought our daughter the chromebook 15, straight away the right mouse click was not working, tried allsorts. She checked online and seemingly is a fault. We took the book back to where we bought it, waited 2 months for a straight replacement, and the new one is the same. Has anyone else had this problem, it is documented out there. If so, what steps did you take if you got it sorted ?? We cant take it back again for a third attempt if it happens again.

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,921 Pathfinder
    @neil1964
    Just try hard reset and check.

Hard reset your Chromebook

For most Chromebooks, follow the steps below:

1. Turn off your Chromebook.
    2. Press and hold Refresh Refresh + tap Power Shut down
    3. When your Chromebook starts up, release Refresh Refresh.
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • neil1964
    Thank you, will that the drive clean, she has files on the book she needs
  • neil1964
    sorry, will that wipe the drive clean, she has files she needs
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,401 Trailblazer
    Yes, that will wipe it clean. You should backup the personal files first to make sure they don't get lost. Same thing with pictures, videos and music. When you press the right side of the touchpad do you hear the click sound like you do on the left? It's an unusual failure so I don't know why you would see it on two machines unless she's using it wrong somehow...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • neil1964
    its not the first time its been documented sadly. been reported before
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,401 Trailblazer
    I've seen people with touchpad issues before, some can be traced to bugging batteries since some models have the battery directly under the touchpad. Most of the time that type of failure shows in the touch features, not the button clicks. The button clicks can usually be heard whe you press on the button areas at the bottom right and left of the touchpad. If one was clicking and the other not that would point directly at a hardware failure in the button. If both click but the right doesn't work then it's a different type of failure.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Sandrine
    Sandrine Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Hi

I have a Chromebook 15 and I have the same failure since several weeks. At the beginning the cursor has disapparead and re-appeared with no reason. It stays ok for a few days and after disappeared completely. I can hear the left/right clicks but nothing happens. I have connected an external mouse and it works well. I cannot reset the battery as there is no button to do that. I am going to wait the battery is at 0% to see if something change.

Thanks for you help. 
  • neil1964
    Sandrine said:
    Hi

I have a Chromebook 15 and I have the same failure since several weeks. At the beginning the cursor has disapparead and re-appeared with no reason. It stays ok for a few days and after disappeared completely. I can hear the left/right clicks but nothing happens. I have connected an external mouse and it works well. I cannot reset the battery as there is no button to do that. I am going to wait the battery is at 0% to see if something change.

Thanks for you help. 
    YEAH, our daughters is the same, clicks but nothing on right click. need to speak to acer. cheers