Helios 300 shuts down on its on?

Primo210
Primo210 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I got a new Asus Predator Helios 300 2 days ago. Since day one straight out the package it shuts down on its own during the boot up screen. I lost the receipt and threw away the package and would like to try fixing it myself to avoid the hassle since I bought it in Poland and I don’t speak a lick of Polish.
In order to get pass the boot up screen I have to continuously press buttons. If I do not the screen will go black after about 5 seconds and it goes into sleep mode. Any ideas on what it may be? I already tried the battery reset and pressing f2, f9, and f10 during boot up and that worked the first 2 times. But now it just doesn’t want to stay up. Also when I stop pressing buttons a window shows up before going black titles ‘Acer Power Button.’ Then under it asks what I want to do with the laptop and gives the options of screen black, sleep, hibernate, or shut down. When I exit out the screen it just keeps coming back up unless I keep typing random keys. Please help

Answers

• Ghengisbob
    Ghengisbob Member Posts: 3 New User
    It should still be covered by the Acer warranty regardless of where you bought it ( obviously you cant take it back to the retailer ). Make an Acer account and send a message to them asking for assistance. It will probably require to be sent to Acer repair centre in Telford ( I'm assuming your in the UK ) , however don't expect much, mine had a similar problem and I sent it to them twice and both times it developed the same fault a few days later so returned it to the retailer for an exchange ( new one working ok so far touch wood )