RyzenMaster caused stuck boot

dgvr
dgvr Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I changed a voltage (an undervolt that had already been stable and I was actually giving back a little more voltage to the CPU) and my machine blackscreened. It did nothing and so then I did a hard power off + on again with the button.
Now I get the Predator animation screen at POST and then can't get ANY further.

It just stays at this additional circle of dots loading animation forever...

Something like this happened me before and I was so screwed (all my system restore points failed for no reason) I had to choose a fresh reinstall in the windows recovery options. But now I CAN'T EVEN GET TO WINDOWS REPAIR, possibly because I had disabled services relating to windows update? I don't know

Please tell me I'm not screwed here, I have spent so long now setting this laptop up twice over already since November. It won't go past this loading circle dots animation

Answers

• dgvr

Tinkerer

I cleared CMOS and it didn't help (BIOS isn't the problem anyaya but I did it just in case)
  • dgvr

Tinkerer

Removed all additional drives and extra RAMs, still same. POSTs but then after the Predator animation I get a loading circle that lasts forever
  • bobzdar
    bobzdar Member Posts: 42 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Did you try booting to safe mode in windows?

I had a similar issue when changing ram timings, had to remove 2 ram modules to get it to boot.  If it fails to POST, it resets the bios and any ryzen master settigns, but if it posts they get locked in, unfortunately.  I think you have to find a way to get the bios to fail to POST and then it will fully revert to defaults again.  I stopped playing with ram timings for that reason as I didn't want to get stuck in a loop until I figured out how to fully reset the bios to defaults.