Windows Update 1809 Stylus Unresponsive

Circamode
Circamode Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I'm in the middle of an art project, I've been using my stylus every day the past 2 weeks. I have Windows update turned off since that october file delete problem. 2 days ago I got a notification saying windows needs to restart for a feature update. When it boots back up, my stylus no longer works, I thought it was the battery so I changed it 5 different times. Tried uninstalling the HID drivers a bunch of times. Bought a new Stylus. Nothing worked. Reverted windows update, that didn't work. Now I reinstalled it, that didn't do anything either. Any ideas?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,848 Trailblazer
    Make sure the update didn't get re-installed in Control Panel's 'restore point'. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Circamode
    Circamode Member Posts: 2 New User
    Yeah, it's too late. I guess my restore size setting was down to like 300MB and it didn't include it... Set to 6 gigs now but obviously too late...
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,848 Trailblazer
    You can try ALT+F10 cold boot factory reset erasing everthing or refresh trying to save your personal files as shown in the video below. Then either set system services to manual WinUpdate (disabling won't stick) and metered connection in settings, or download the Microsoft blocker to prevent the update that's causing the problem.  Jack E/NJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpzLJRAZldA

Jack E/NJ