Sporadic Hardware fails for BIOS Insyde Corp V1.03

Lewis619
Lewis619 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Anybody else have occasional hardware failures with V 1.03? I had sudden SDBus failures that caused Windows to crash and required a restart. The other day I lost internet connection due to a card failure, don't remember which one. Contacted Acer and they told me download  a patch will fix the problem which updated the BIOS to V 1.07. Haven't had a problem since then. My question is that if Acer know of the problem why did they not contact all Swift laptop owners with V1.03 to update their BIOS?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,848 Trailblazer
    edited February 2019
    If you experience problems with your laptop like this, you should always check with ACER warranty service or the ACER download site for your particular model for updates that might fix your issue.  https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers  This type of issue is not like a automotive safety recall plus it doesn't necessarily affect all the machines with the same model number. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Lewis619
    Lewis619 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have owned or used probably 15 PC's  over the last 30 years. I have NEVER had sporadic hardware failures before. And I have never felt it was my obligation to check the company warranty service. Even if it affects only a few of my model, and there is a fix, I firmly believe it is the manufacturers duty to notify its customers. I would guess that 90%+ of PC owners aren't even aware that there is a warranty web site they should check. The burden falls on the manufacturer, not the customer.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,848 Trailblazer
    Glad it's fixed now anyway. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ