Video issues (Gateway ZX6900)

waanders56228
waanders56228 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
I have a Gateway ZX6900 AIO that would lose it's video shortly after startup.  It would continue to boot and would display on an external monitor.  I just replaced the motherboard with a brand new motherboard for an identical Z5700 and am having the same issues.  If I boot to the bios the last visible screen is the first screen of setup.  If I continue to boot I see the first windows screen and than the screen goes black.  Any ideas to the problem and how to fix it?

Best Answer

• waanders56228

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Installed a different screen and problem is now fixed.  Really surprised that the screen  would initially work and than go black, and would again show video for a short time whenever I switched monitors or restarted the computer.

Answers

• waanders56228

Tinkerer

In continuing to fix this problem I have also tried different memory, installed an I5 cpu and still have issues.  If I use the keyboard command to switch from monitor one (external monitor) to monitor two (on board display), the on board screen will come on and than go blank.  When I switch back to the external monitor, it displays video fine with no problems. I also updated the BIOS.
  • waanders56228

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Installed a different screen and problem is now fixed.  Really surprised that the screen  would initially work and than go black, and would again show video for a short time whenever I switched monitors or restarted the computer.