Touchpad has a mind of its own

BongoBailey
BongoBailey Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Bought a replacement laptop for my Acer E5-411-P9VF'.....used laptop.  Loved my previous Acer E5, but keyboard went on it.  'New' laptop is doing this......cursor seems to be moving on its own and ending up in various places in my sentences.  Keypad is not working properly...very slow to engage on left click, or nothing.  Cannot scroll with fingers.  Also, windows seem to be opening on their own.  I have checked the settings and all looks good.  Sensitivity setting at low at the moment.   Any suggestions?  I am slowly going out of my mind.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,847 Trailblazer
    Open Control Panel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do' in the left pane. Click 'changes settings that aren't currently available' Scroll down and uncheck the box for fast startup to disable fast boot. Shut down. Pull the charger plug. On the bottom check for a battery reset pinhole. If it exists, gently inser a paperclip for 10 seconds to disconnect the battery. Then let the machine rest for 15 mins. Then turn it back on. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ