Loud fan noise on Aspire V 15 VN7-571g

Options
GrimmBoyXP
GrimmBoyXP Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hey guys new member here looking for some help.
Recently my fan started being very loud whenever it's on. I'm wondering if this could be due to it needing cleaning and if so can anyone help me on how to disassemble and clean the fan?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,480 Trailblazer
    Options
    Instead of pullng it apart, try alternatly vacuuming the air intakes and blowing air through the air exhausts a half dozen or so times to dislodge and remove and dust bunnies and debris that might've accumulated in and around the thermal modules. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• GrimmBoyXP
    GrimmBoyXP Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    JackE said:
    Instead of pullng it apart, try alternatly vacuuming the air intakes and blowing air through the air exhausts a half dozen or so times to dislodge and remove and dust bunnies and debris that might've accumulated in and around the thermal modules. Jack E/NJ
    Thanks for the reply bro. I tried that and it didn't help so I took it apart and cleaned the fan. Its much Better now although there is a noticeable sound that sounds like the fan is touching a surface so I took it out again and can't notice anything dented or out of place :/
  • abigailcherry
    abigailcherry Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Has this been resolved? I'm having the same issue too after taking it apart and cleaning it. Seems to be coming from the right side of the laptop but it doesn't seem to be the fan. Any advise here?
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,480 Trailblazer
    Options
    HDD located in lower right corner just below arrow key cluster. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ