Acer Swift 5 - backlit keyboard not working

SMAX
SMAX Member Posts: 4 New User
edited October 2023 in Swift and Spin Series
Hello, 

I have just got an Acer Swift 5 as I need a laptop with a backlit keyboard and its not working :( I have pressed function f9... 

Has any one else had this issue?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Edited the content to hide personal information.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Try Fnkey+F9key combination. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• SMAX
    Thank you for your suggestion - I’ve tried that and it didn’t sort it out - also tried the pin hole by by the battery and turning off something like repeat keys in the keyboard setting.. I’d prefer not to take it back to the shop 
  • JackE
    Unfortunately, sounds like the KB backlight connector isn't attached to the mainboard. I strongly advise not to physically try to access this connector  yourself since you'll likely void the warranty or have a hard time returning it to the seller for a refund or exchange on another machine. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• SMAX
    JackE said:
    Unfortunately, sounds like the KB backlight connector isn't attached to the mainboard. I strongly advise not to physically try to access this connector  yourself since you'll likely void the warranty or have a hard time returning it to the seller for a refund or exchange on another machine. Jack E/

Thank you - I will take it back to the shop …… 

• JunW
    JunW Member Posts: 2 New User
    I'm having the same problem with my brand new Acer Swift 5 - the backboard backlight won't turn on with Fn and F9 simultaneously pressed.

Is there a fix available now?
  • JackE
    edited December 2019
    If your F9 key has the light symbol, try just pressing the F9 key without the FN key. Also try it in a darkened room because some keyboard lights are controlled by an ambient light photocell. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JunW
    JunW Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you! Mine has F8 (*A*), and it works.  
  • JackE
    3DREAL  >>>keyboard dead.>>>Illumination ok>>>

KB data cable probably jarred loose from mainboard. Separate KB backlight cable is still connected to mainboard. Jack E/NJ

KB-Datenkabel hat sich wahrscheinlich vom Mainboard gelöst. Separate Kabel für KB-Hinterbeleucht ist weiterhin mit Mainboard verbunden. Jack E / NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    @3DREAL >>>within one week after buying Febr. 7th.>>>

Immediately return machine to the vendor as defective for a replacement or refund!!!! Jack E/NJ

Senden Sie Maschine sofort als defekt an den Verkäufer zurück, um sie zu ersetzen oder zu erstatten !!!! Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• scotttfl
    scotttfl Member Posts: 1 New User
    On my keyboard it was F8 not F9...I just looked for the Lighted A sysbol
  • shell24a
    shell24a Member Posts: 1 New User

11/9/2022 My Acer Swift 5 UINNVMQ3 has just suffered the same loss of backlighting, purchased 26/6/2020.

Is there a way to open the case to check the connection as described in a previous reply?

This discussion has been closed.