BIOS RECOVERY ACER ASPIRE 4741 HELP!

JUSWA
JUSWA Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi
 I tried to update  the bios on my Aspire using the version from acer support website. but i updated the wrong version and now the laptop gets blue screen and with long beep two short beeps and then force reboot  and continuous black screen. any idea on how to recover my bios?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    What BIOS version did you try to use? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JUSWA
    edited February 2019
    thank u for the reply jackE. i think i downloaded the v1.11 and my bios version at that was v1.31, i downgraded it coz my bluetooth and geforce wont install to the laptop.  stupid me and now the laptop wont display anything T_T 
  • JackE
    When you say it won't display anything, is the ACER logo boot splash screen still visible? v1.31 or, for that matter any of the other earlier firmware update versions, shouldn't cause this much of a problem. However, they should really only be used as a last resort to try to fix machines that exhibit serious problems or performance deficiencies that device driver updates have failed to fix. Machines without these issues should continue to use the original factory BIOS firmware due to the high risks of bricking and introducing irreversible side effects that might be worse than the original issue. Jack E/NJ   

Jack E/NJ

• Your problem seems to be this:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JUSWA
    @JackE No ACER logo boot splash only shows  black screen :(
  • JackE
    OK. There is a slim chance that your HDMI port might still be able to send images to a TV. Do you have an HDMI cable to test this? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ