Does my monitor have speakers? If so, how can i get them to play sound?(ed273 )

Options
Crikin101
Crikin101 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 2019 in Monitors
I recently bought a ed273 and i was wondering if this model had speakers. I think it does,so, i tried every method on the internet to get them to play sound but I could not. If someone could help me that would be great. Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,750 Pathfinder
    Options
    @Crikin101
    Yes, your monitor has inbuilt speakers.

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,750 Pathfinder
    Options
    @Crikin101
    In order to get sound follow the below steps
    1.Connect your computer to your monitor. If your computer and monitor supports it, use an HDMI or DisplayPort cable, otherwise use DVI or VGA. VGA should be your last resort as it is a lower-quality analog signal, as opposed to HDMI, DisplayPort and DVI's high-quality digital signal.

If you're using DVI or VGA or you know your monitor doesn't support audio over HDMI and DisplayPort, connect a 3.5 mm audio cord as well. All the ports you need should be labeled on both your computer and monitor.

2.Right-click the audio icon in the system tray area of the Windows taskbar and select "Playback devices." If you connected your monitor via HDMI or DisplayPort, click the name of your monitor in the list of devices. If you connected via 3.5 mm audio and DVI or VGA, click "Speakers."

3.Right-click the name of your monitor or the Speakers item and select "Enable" if they appear grayed out in the list of devices. Click the "Set Default" button to enable your monitor speakers as your computer's default speakers. To test them, click the "Configure" button and click "Test." Restart your computer if prompted, otherwise close the dialog box to complete the process.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    edited February 2019
    Options
    There are actually several SKUs under the ED273 model number. Some have speakers and some do not.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,052 Trailblazer
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Could you give me the first ten characters of the monitor serial number?
    France
  • Crikin101
    Options
    @laurent_14
    the first ten characters are mmt9daa003

• Crikin101
    Options
    @billsey
    the model is the ED273A
  • laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,052 Trailblazer
    edited February 2019 Answer ✓
    Options
    Crikin101 said:
    @laurent_14
    the first ten characters are mmt9daa003

Thanks. This monitor has no speakers. You only have an audio output ant not an audio input.
    Audio output --> External speakers
    Audio input --> Built-in speakers
    France
  • AdrianKhaitan
    AdrianKhaitan Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    My monitor is 

Acer EK220Q 

Does it have speakers??OR a output point so that i can connect my headphones?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Plug the speakers into the computer separately from the monitor.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.