XFA240 bmjdpr display port not working

Kunzy
Kunzy Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
I have my PC run with two screens. I got the XFA240 bmjdpr monitor back in August of 2018 through amazon. I had it plugged to the PC through the display port. When I was on the PC this morning, it was working just fine. When I went to use it later that night, the PC wasn't detecting the monitor. I've tried unplugging and re-plugging the DP cord from both ends and replacing the cord itself. Even when the monitor was detected, the monitor wouldn't display the PC and go to sleep. Right now, I'm using a DP/HDMI cord with the HDMI plugged into the monitor; which confirms that it's the DP on the monitor. Any suggestions?

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Sounds like it's likely a hardware problem. Touch base with Acer support and get a warranty ticket started.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Sounds like it's likely a hardware problem. Touch base with Acer support and get a warranty ticket started.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Kunzy
    Kunzy Member Posts: 2 New User
    I called Acer support. They had me unplug the power cord from the monitor, hold the power button for 20 seconds, replug the power cord and the DP on the monitor, and it worked!!
  • billsey
    I have been hearing that lately, it's weird that it works! What happens when you do that is it bleeds the residual power out of the capacitors. You could do the same thing by unplugging it for several hours, but 20 seconds is faster. ;)
  • Chr8ts
    Chr8ts Member Posts: 2 New User
    This did not work for me. The on/off light blinked for a microsecond when i started holding the button after disconnecting all cables from the monitor, and when it came back on, it still showed no signal. The monitor works fine on hdmi and recognizes that the dp cable is connected to the monitor since it says no signal as opposed to cable not connected. It just started to not receive signal after i came back from school today. Help
  • Chr8ts
    Chr8ts Member Posts: 2 New User
    This issue resolved itself after i left it on sleep for like an hour. well sorry