Bios recovery(ACER A515-51g-58VH)

Marcos_Lima
Marcos_Lima Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Please I have an ACER A515-51g-58VH, with BIOS insideh20. I ended up deleting the BIOS and it does not start. I read some methods on the Internet (press FN + ESC and turn on the device or key Windows + B), the program crisis recovery and a pen drive with the BIOS files. The program prompts you to rename the BIOS file to FD format. I downloaded one on the ACER site that comes in the EXE format. Uncompressed but has the following files: Biosimageproc. dll, Flshook. exe, FWUPDLCL. exe, H2OFFT. exe, Iscflash. SYS, iscflashx64. SYS, mfc90u. dll, Microsoft. VC90. CRT. manifest, Microsoft. VC90. MFC. manifest, Msvcp90. dll, msvcr90. dll, platform. Ini. which/what do I use and renew? Thank you very much

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    You're looking for an approximately 9MB file probably with a .bin, .rom, .fd or .wph extension. The file must be renamed C5V01x64.fd. It must be the only file in the root directory of the FAT32 formatted USB pendrive. The FN+ESC recovery method is not usually reliable for a failed BIOS firmware update if its boot block has been damaged. You'll probably need to send the machine in to ACER repair service to recover the BIOS. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ