When will graphics driver update for Acer Nitro 5 AN515-42 come?

joydeep
joydeep Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
The current AMD driver version for Ryzen is 17.7.
Whereas latest AMD driver version is 19.2.2, Which supports lot of new features supporting latest games like 'Far Cry New Dawn'. But not supported in Ryzen.
With the current version supported in Ryzen is 17.7, these games are running in terrible resolution and "upgrade to latest driver" message pops up everytime I start the game.

I spoke with AMD support, according to them laptop manufacturers support Ryzen update.

So, Can you guys help me with this? Any ETA or updates.

Basic system details ->
  • AMD Graphics Card
    • Radeon RX 560X
  • Laptop System
    • Acer Nitro 5 AN515-42 Ryzen 5
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64bit

Best Answer

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    What AMD has told you is correct. The drivers are made and uploaded by Acer. Unfortunately, I don't know when a new driver will be released, and probably only selected members of the Acer staff have access to this information.

AMD requires the OEMs to update the driver at least twice an year, but it totally depends on the OEMs when it will be released.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• here's a version of bios that updates something on the r7 video card! About the drivers, this depends on AMD and not on Acer!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • joydeep
    "AMD does not furnish drivers for Ryzen Mobility/Laptop graphics. These are furnished by the laptop manufacturer."
    This is was the reply from AMD support. Anybody can share some solid info??

I need the update pretty bad. And I don't wanna feel like a football between Acer and AMD.
  • ven98
    Answer ✓
    What AMD has told you is correct. The drivers are made and uploaded by Acer. Unfortunately, I don't know when a new driver will be released, and probably only selected members of the Acer staff have access to this information.

AMD requires the OEMs to update the driver at least twice an year, but it totally depends on the OEMs when it will be released.

-Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• You can ask the moderators Acer-Manny or Acer-Karp! Maybe they have this information!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • joydeep
    edited February 2019
    Thanks ven98 for clarifying the issue. :)
    Thanks egydiocoelho, I'll ask them about it. :)
  • You are welcome my friend!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ven98
    You are welcome :)
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Hi joydeep,

I am very sorry to hear your having issues with playing games. Unfortunately we don't have any information currently on ETA for any driver updates for your model AN515-42, you can verify periodically the drivers and any BIOS/Firmware updates from our official Drivers & Manuals page.

If you need technical assistancedon’t hesitate to contact us:

Live Chat: https://us.answers.acer.com/app/chat/chat_launch#_ga=2.148528753.731578963.1550590525-1045363774.1531752932

Support: 1-866-695-2237

Sorry for any inconveniences this may cause, 
    Acer-Manny
  • vkk
    vkk Member Posts: 82 Fixer WiFi Icon
    AMD should be providing drivers for mobile devices in Q1   , as per their press announcement . Keep an eye open . Meanwhile I don't understand why Acer cant release an update with the 2019 drivers . 
  • C3lv1c3
    C3lv1c3 Member Posts: 48 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Just call them or write them so they remember it maybe
  • joydeep
    vkk Thanks for the Info, Someone from AMD community also confirmed they will start supporting for APU/Ryzen Mobility drivers in the near future.
    In the mean time, as you said, Acer can support by releasing the 2019 version.
    Acer-Manny It would be helpful for lot of people.
  • @joydeep Maybe it's not what you want, but there's a version of bios that updates apu r7, see: https://www.acer.com/ac/pt/BR/content/support-product/7605?b=1

egydiocoelho Trailblazer