My XB272 will not go to 240 HELP!!

littlelion4
littlelion4 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
Hello guys i'm hoping you can help.  I'm running a RTX2080 and am hooked up with  DP my monitor will not go past 144 i have tired to switch it to 240 and every time i do the screen goes black and it reverts to 144 again.   Any ideas? At this point I'm lost and have no idea why this is happening.

Answers

• KR33P
    KR33P Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'm on the same boat as you but I can't even get mine past 60HZ!!! I have DP plugged in to my RTX2080TI but it will not let me stay on a higher HZ option. Every time I try the screen goes black, states no signal, then takes me back to 60HZ. Any help would be great from the community.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    What cable version are you using?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • littlelion4
    littlelion4 Member Posts: 2 New User
    The DP cable that came with the  monitor

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    That should be good then. Some of the early cables won't support the newer modes, but they ship with current designs. Are you still in warranty? It might be worthwhile to get Acer support involved.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • arcadezyra
    arcadezyra Member Posts: 3 New User
    my post might be a very long time late but this might be helpful. this link is to update your cards if they arent able to work with dp 1.3 and 1.4 cables. its worth a try tbh. i've had this tool fix this specific problem for at least 3 or 4 people
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/nv-uefi-update.html  

• 240hzplease
    240hzplease Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hey I'm having the same issue (cant get more than 144hz). Does anyone have an update? Im about to return mine if not.