Acer Aspire Nitro VN7-792g only starts on AC power, battery ok according to windows

Options
vanderq
vanderq Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi all,

After having disassembled my laptop because it looked like the CPU fans were having issues, now my laptop doesn't start on the battery, only on AC power (fan issue seems to be solved though :))
I've read this thead (https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/552577/acer-nitro-vn7-592g-battery-not-working-only-when-plugged-in-after-dismantling/p1?new=1), and it looks very like my issue, only the interlock button doesn't seem to be doing the trick.
I guess that when the button is pressed manually, then it should start with the power button on battery, but it doesn't.
According to windows 10 the battery is fully charged.

So, in short:
  • Battery charged according to windows 10
  • I have done the 4-5 second battery reset pin trick, leaving it off power for 5 mins after. Didn't solve it.
  • I have tightened all the screws paying special attention to the one near where the battery reset pin is and where the you plug it in - I saw that tightening screws helped others facing the same issue.
  • I have pushed the interlock button manually, but holding that down while pressing the start button on battery didn't help

Any help is much appreciated!

Kind regards,
Alexander

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Hello! Did you put some layers of electrical tape to press that button? Have you disconnected and reconnected the internal battery?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • vanderq
    Options
    Thanks for ansering.
    I have disconnected and reconnected the internal battery (plugged the cable out of the motherboard and again into it).
    I haven't used electrical tape when pressing the interlock button for testing, did that with one of my fingers. Does it only work with electrical tape?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Theoretically it should work when you press the button with your fingers! But try putting some layers of electrical tape with the notebook closed and test!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • vanderq
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I've got myself some electric tape, and have put on several layers.
    Unfortunately it didn't help.
    Below are some pictures of the internals of my laptop (Interlock Button is in the red circle).
    Any tips?

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Both models are different and so the buttons are in different locations! Have you tried unplugging the lithium battery and pressing the power button for thirty seconds?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• vanderq
    Options
    Thanks. I've removed the cable from the battery to the motherboard, and have pressed the power button for 30 seconds.
    I've also done that with the cable plugged back in.
    However, still the same result (doesn't work on battery).

I was wondering, could it have to do with the battery reset 'button' on the back?
    At several places this was suggested as a possible solution.
    When trying, however, I couldn't really feel a button that is pressed. Maybe something is hanging there, or is that not possible?
    How could I check? When opened, the 'button' is at the other side of the motherboard, so very difficult for me to check.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    There may be yes! Something is pressing the battery reset button down!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• vanderq
    Options
    Thanks. Any tips on how I could check that in the best way, with the least amount of risk?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    The only way is by opening the notebook, like this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hhqm2yg_aiI
    Is it important to know if the notebook is still under warranty?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer