G6-710: SATA VS PCIe x1

xs8899
xs8899 Member Posts: 6 New User
edited February 15 in 2020 Archives
Hi, should I get a Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVMe SSD and installed it at one of the PCIe x1 slot or should I use the SATA Samsung 860 Pro SSD which I bought previously?

Answers

• This template supports these types of ssd, see: https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Acer-Predator-G6-710/24728
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • xs8899
    Which will be faster? Sata or PCIe x1?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    NVMe in the M.2 slot will be faster than either of those.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Ssd nvme have a much higher reading and writing rate than ssd sata 3!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • xs8899
    Is there a difference between nvme and PCIe x1?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Yes, the form factor and bus speeds. You really want the M.2 form factor and the faster speed.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • xs8899
    Me. But I have difficulty taking out the graphics card. 
  • Make sure this video can help you:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yvKjakrpN4

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• DonVito
    DonVito Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

nope nvme is not working intel mp600 on my predator