Why is 75C the max temp limit for Acer Nitro an515-42?

AMyth
AMyth Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I was able to find a way to change the temp limit through the DSDT for my Acer Swift 3, but there appears to be more involved with my Acer Nitro... Probably due to NitroSense? This is really annoying.

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,745 Pathfinder
    @AMyth
    On Acer Nitro AN515-42 75C is normal
    Predator and Nitro products are engineered to withstand higher operating temperatures than traditional notebooks. These systems include features that help with cooling and heat dispersion. The CPU and GPU are designed to handle temperature spikes in excess of 98 degrees Celsius without causing damage to the components. It is common for PC temperatures to spike temporarily during heavy gaming or graphic usage. If the system encounters excessive temperatures that could damage the hardware, it will automatically shut down to protect the components from becoming damaged.

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • AMyth
    AMyth Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

I know my laptop can withstand higher temperatures, that's why I'm wondering why Acer decided to put 75C as my temperature limit (when it starts to throttle) when the max temp limit for a Ryzen 2500u is 95C. Due to the 75C temp limit, I can't maintain good performance while gaming or during intensive CPU tasks for long before I start to throttle.

• AumShanti
    AumShanti Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
    Jack22 said:
    @AMyth
    On Acer Nitro AN515-42 75C is normal

Actually, this is the max temp ive seen, after that it throttles to 15W for a time till the APU cools.

Would be great if Acer could remove the temp limit on A515-42 as the cooling seems to support it.
  • AumShanti
    AumShanti Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
    edited March 2019
    Acer Swift 3 is thin form factor and throttles at 75C. Nitro is supposed to be gaming line and it too throttles at 75C! when 95C is the limit.
  • sOuller
    sOuller Member Posts: 16

Tinkerer

we need this, ACER FIX THIS *****