Warning to swift users!

Icaru
Icaru Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
If you try to boot in safe mode you will be locked out because it turns on airplane mode and you can no longer access the wireless internet. Safe mode requires ONLY asks a password which it will never accept because you have no Ethernet internet connection.
I spent three useless hours trying to get out of safe mode because I did not have a USB-to-Ethernet dongle and the Acer support person did not tell me and did not know how tio log me back in.
 I ended up resetting the entire PC and reinstalling everything - 25 hours of work!
Be sure to make a boot backup or have a USB to Ethernet dongle on hand before trying safe mode. Pressing F5 or the #5 key does NOT give you safe mode with internet as it says it does.
You must have a DIRECT LAN connection to be able to enter your password. This is a big fault of the SWIFT 7 model. 

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    When your are in safe mode and it asks you for a password, it isn't asking for the pin that you have created, but the password that you use to log on the Microsoft account. If you have changed the password recently, entering the previous password works. It doesn't need an internet connection to accept the password.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Icaru
    Icaru Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I know that but you cannot enter a Microsoft password unless you have internet access.  And once you go into Safe Mode, it disconnects you from the internet, it puts you into airplane mode.  No exit from there without an Ethernet dongle.
  • JEWEL
    JEWEL Member Posts: 59

Tinkerer

I think you're right. Acer team is not good as other companies. They hold me ovet a month to unlock only a bios password  . That's their service .I am trying even now but they are unable to solve my problem till now. Great service to their customers..