Acer Nitro5 515-51 underperfoming

Julius5
Julius5 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello,

i have problem with my laptop acer nitro5 515-51 has way to low-mid performing game
when first time i bought it, i played dota2 and csgo it has around 120-180FPS
after update windows10 1908(auto update) it make lower perform so i rollback the windows version just like before
and it still same, for dota2 60-80fps(before 100-120) and csgo 80-100(before 120-180)
any idea? i've tried many things like nvidia 3d setting set to high perform, and other use nvidia graphics it still same

System : 
GTX 1050Ti 4GB
Intel Core I7 7700HQ
8GB RAM
Windows 10 64bit
256GB SSD
1TB HDD

Best Answer

• tobimaru
    tobimaru Member Posts: 315 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    I have seen nVidia drivers affect graphics card performance more often than Windows 10. 419.35 is the latest version and what I'm on. I have seen no problems with this driver yet. Other than a 7300HQ processor and 8GB memory difference, we have identical laptops. If Windows Updates were to blame, I would also see the decrease in performance on my end after update which is not the case.

More often than not a small drop in frames after you have used you laptop for a few months to a year of gaming is indicative that it needs a good cleaning. It's likely collected dust between the fan blades and heatsink fins which prevents airflow and raises thermals.

Answers

• tobimaru
    What nVidia GeForce driver version are you currently running?
  • Julius5
    edited March 2019
  • Julius5
    tobimaru said:
    What nVidia GeForce driver version are you currently running?
    sorry, about version of windows i'm currently using 1809(after auto update and underperformed) for nvidia driver i'm using from acer driver download content... idk which version bcs now i'm using 419
  • tobimaru
    Answer ✓
    I have seen nVidia drivers affect graphics card performance more often than Windows 10. 419.35 is the latest version and what I'm on. I have seen no problems with this driver yet. Other than a 7300HQ processor and 8GB memory difference, we have identical laptops. If Windows Updates were to blame, I would also see the decrease in performance on my end after update which is not the case.

More often than not a small drop in frames after you have used you laptop for a few months to a year of gaming is indicative that it needs a good cleaning. It's likely collected dust between the fan blades and heatsink fins which prevents airflow and raises thermals.