why is my temperature getting high ?

ChiChawww
ChiChawww Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
im just surfing on internet and idk why my temp is hitting 90 degree...i think i downloaded this throttle stop and started playing games and my temp would stay between 70 to 80 degree...but now its not on so the temp is going above 90 and my gpu is inactive as well..can you guys tell me what the problem is.. i tried restarting and all that but it doesnt work.

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    If the temperature goes as high as 90C, while browsing, then the issue most likely is the thermal paste. You have either repaste the CPU and GPU with high quality thermal paste(voids warranty), or contact Acer support.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• ChiChawww

Tinkerer

ven98 said:
    If the temperature goes as high as 90C, while browsing, then the issue most likely is the thermal paste. You have either repaste the CPU and GPU with high quality thermal paste(voids warranty), or contact Acer support.
    actually when i play games my temp is normal between 80 till 90. but idk why this is happening 
  • ven98
    What is the CPU usage in task manager, while you are browsing?
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• ChiChawww

Tinkerer

ChiChawww said:
    ven98 said:
    actually when i play games my temp is normal between 80 till 90. but idk why this is happening 
    and its only when my charger is plugged in..when its not the temp is normal..
  • ChiChawww

Tinkerer

cpu usage is 100 percent

• ven98
    Then, it is normal that the temperature reaches 90C.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system