How do I Fix my Aspire One (model KAV60) Not Functioning Keyboard

Arsonist
Arsonist Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
On my Chromebook, the touch pad and power button do work, while all of the keyboard does not work. I got this as a use computer so I tried to restart the computer, I installed a Linnux OS to see if the keyboard would work there, and  I replaced the keyboard to a keyboard that works on a different computer. After all this, the Aspire One still doesn't receive any information from the keyboard. Anything I didn't do that could work? 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,445 Trailblazer
    What different computer keyboard did you try to use? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Arsonist
    I replaced it with a keyboard of another, working, computer of the same model.
  • JackE
    Are you able to enter the BIOS menu by tapping at F2 key immediately after turning the machine on? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Arsonist
    with an outside keyboard yes. using the keyboard on the laptop, no
  • JackE
    >>>with an outside keyboard yes. using the keyboard on the laptop, no >>>
    The mainboard's internal KB connector has failed. If you can use an external KB OK, you should be able bypass this failure and avoid the expense and risk replacing or solder-reflowing the mainboard.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Arsonist
    Reflowing the mainboard is a great idea, sadly that is outside of my expertise. I guess i will have to stick with an external keyboard, thanks for the help. :smile:
  • JackE
    edited February 2019
    OK. That would be my choice as well. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ